Quick Links

Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Main Navigation


Board Policies

Home > breadcrumbs: Administration > breadcrumbs: Board of Education > breadcrumbs: Board Policies >


Ajax Loading Image


6022 Section 504 Grievance Procedure



Section 504 Grievance Procedure


  1. Complaints concerning entitlement to student services under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 should be filed with the school district’s 504 Coordinator (coordinator).  All complaints must be in writing and signed by the person making the complaint.  The 504 Coordinator may be contacted at :


      Student Services Director

1200 East Washington

West Point, NE 68788

(402) 372-5507


  1. The coordinator will conduct an initial review of the complaint and attempt to effect a resolution.  If the coordinator cannot resolve the complaint, the complaining party will be so advised in writing.  In reviewing the complaint, the coordinator will meet with the complaining party, the complaining party’s representative(s), and appropriate school district personnel including, but not limited to, the child’s teacher(s) and building administrator.


  1. If the coordinator does not resolve the complaint, the parties may agree to consult with a mediator from the Department of Education.


  1. If the parties are unable to resolve the complaint through mediation, the party filing the complaint will be advised of the right to file the complaint with the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VII, Kansas City, Missouri, or to initiate judicial remedies as permitted by law. 


  1. All meetings that the complaining party is to attend shall be scheduled at a time convenient to both the complaining party and the coordinator.


Adopted on:             2/12/2006


Revised on:               08/08/2016


Reviewed on:           3/14/2011

Back To Top