Quick Links

Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Main Navigation

Top

Power Drive Program

Home > breadcrumbs: High School > breadcrumbs: Power Drive Program >

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

 

January Blog Post

On our first month of building, we had to make some adjusting to the planning of our vehicle because are original driver dropped out from the class.

          Before we could start building our own vehicle, we grabbed the last year’s car and started to strip it down. We saved some good metal from going to waste, and we learned from the mistakes of the last year’s car. We had worn out tires, broken tire rims, and a whole load of duct tape striped from the old car. We were debating if we should get a smaller wheel for the front of the car, but in the end, we stayed with the same size. Adjusting to the loss of our original drivers, Park Lutz and Sergio Rodriguez agreed to become the new drivers as they were the only ones that fit in our full scale drawing.

Once our steel order arrived, we went out to the shop and started building our bottom frame. Using our full scale drawing, we cut and laid the metal pieces on our drawing, and welded the pieces together. After a week of building, we had our bottom frame build. We started building the roll cage, but yet haven’t finished due to weather canceling school.  As we have learned, our building time is limited compared to other teams, as we can't start building until January.  Our building location is occupied by another class until then.

Inserted Image

Inserted Image

Inserted Image

 

Back To Top